NOTE: DEADLINE EXTENDED TO SEP 30
It’s that time of year again, our annual calendar photo submission time. And, it’s a big one, Our 30th Anniversary Edition! Your Golden(s) could be featured in our 2021 calendar, and one lucky dog(s) will have his photo on the front cover.
Grab your camera and your furry family members… We are looking for great shots of your dogs (and their furry friends) posing, “Partying”, naptime, being goofy or serious, enjoying a special day or holiday, frolicking outside, lounging inside, or just sporting that great Golden “smile.”
The winners for the 12 monthly pages, cover and back will be selected by our calendar team. All photo submissions are posted (without identifying names) for our team to review and make their selections based on our calendar theme, the seasons and or special holidays. It’s a fun way for volunteers to be involved, and they enjoy trying to guess which each dog is. Of course, we’d love for every dog to be a monthly winner, but we can only select fourteen (14). However, we work hard to make sure that every photo we receive is used in the calendar in some fashion.
The calendar contest is an important fundraiser for GRRA and helps us raise money to provide for the care of every dog that arrives in our program. All profits raised from the calendar will go directly to help our orphaned GRRA dogs. Remember this is a fundraiser so be generous, your donation is tax deductible. We hope you’ll participate and enter a photo of your dog!
Please read rules carefully and if you have any questions email email@example.com.
Thank you and happy photo shooting!
Deadline for submission is September 30, 2020.
- Send us your best shots, with a minimum donation of $25 per photo or 3 for $50. Those that donate at least $100 will receive two free calendars and those donating $50/photo will receive one free calendar. All other calendars will be sold (beginning October 2020 for $15). Remember, this is a fundraiser and is tax deductible. We will be choosing one large photo for each month; however, we will also attempt to place a photo of each dog submitted into the calendar in some form.
- If your dog crossed the Rainbow Bridge and you would like he/she to be featured on our Rainbow Bridge page, please submit $25 per photo. It should be a vertical/portrait photo. These photos will be produced in a smaller format, depending on how many entries we have.
- Photos will be judged on composition, quality, and emotional appeal.
- All photos submitted for the full month must be horizontal/landscape orientation. For smaller photos, please send in portrait format.
- Digital images only. Please follow these guidelines:
- Set your camera to take photos at the highest resolution possible.
- You must name your image(s) with dog’s name and your last name. If sending more than one photo, number appropriately (i.e. MorganBaker01.jpg, MorganBaker02.jpg, MorganBaker03.jpg).
- Submit your image(s) in jpg or tif format and send to us as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not make the file smaller to email – send the original largest file.
- If sending your photos from a different email address than was used on the submission form below, please mention that email address in your message so we can match your photo(s) with your information. You will receive an email confirmation of your submission within 48 hours; if you don’t receive one, assume it did not go through and please re-send.
- Please do not print out digital images; we need the original electronic file.
- All dogs are eligible. (Other family pets may be included in the photo with your dog.)
- No humans in the photo please — dogs and other pets only.
- Photos must be previously unpublished, non-professional images; no copyrighted photos accepted.
- Photos become property of GRRA and cannot be returned.
- GRRA reserves the right to use pictures submitted in The GRRA Tribune, on Facebook, and on our website.
- If your photo is selected for one of the twelve months, either cover, or the pocket, we’ll contact you and ask for a brief story about your dog and what they mean to you and your family. Stories may be edited for length.
- Please submit a separate form for each dog whose picture or date information is included.
- Winners of the twelve full pages, the front and back covers will receive a free calendar.
- Calendar will be available before the holidays.
Pay Via Mail
Prefer to pay by check? Send payment to the address below. Please be sure to include mailing address, phone number, and email address in case we have questions regarding your entry.
Golden Retriever Rescue of Atlanta
Attn: Calendar Contest
P.O. Box 7743
Atlanta, GA 30357