About the Adoption Process
Thank you for your interest in adopting a Golden Retriever from GRRA. If you are able to provide the special home a rescued Golden Retriever deserves, we hope to be able to match you with the right dog.
The GRRA application process is as follows:
Please complete the application form below and submit a $20 application fee payment. This fee is non-refundable and all proceeds directly benefit the GRRA rescue dogs.
The fastest way to activate your application is to pay using a credit card or PayPal. You can submit an on-line payment by clicking any "Donate" or "Payment" button on the GRRA website.
A GRRA Adoption Consultant will contact you to explain the adoption process and help you determine what dog attributes and personalities are best suited for your home.
The Adoption Consultant will also arrange for a GRRA volunteer to visit your home. This step is required and further helps us make perfect matches between people and rescued dogs. Reference checks may also be conducted.
The GRRA Foster Volunteers carefully review applications and other relevant information to identify applicants who are potential matches for the dogs in their care.
Your Adoption Consultant will inform you of GRRA dogs that may be potential matches for you, and coordinate meetings when appropriate.
Current GRRA adoption fees are as follows:
- Puppies 6 months or younger - $450
- 6 months to six years of age - $350
- Between seven and nine years of age - $250
- Seniors (10+ years of age) - $150
* The average cost to GRRA for vetting dogs and preparing them for adoption is significantly more than the adoption fees. The difference is subsidized by donations and grants. Over 95% of all monies received directly benefit the dogs, mostly for medical procedures and behavioral training. The remainder covers necessary business expenses such as licenses, permits and volunteer insurance. Any and all additional contributions are very much appreciated!
If there are exceptions to this fee schedule for a specific dog, that information will be posted on the dog’s web bio.
We adopt within the Atlanta and State of Georgia Territory. We will consider out of state applications for special needs Goldens and those 9 years of age and older, or to former GRRA Adopters. If you are seeking Golden Retriever rescue groups in your state, the Golden Retriever Club of America National Rescue Committee has a list of rescues organized by state.
Please direct all questions regarding the application process to email@example.com.